The Helix Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The Helix welcomes submissions from writers from around the world. Before submitting please review our previously published works and read the notes below carefully.
Submissions are read by our editorial teams in chronological order. If you have a submission still in the queue and have not heard back from us, assume it has been held over for consideration for another issue. For inquiries, contact us!
- Previously published work is not accepted.
- All submissions should be in 12pt font, Times New Roman, double-spaced for prose, and single-spaced for poetry.
- You may submit more than one piece, just make sure you submit them individually to their proper submission category.
- Please include a small biography with your piece.
- The Helix has the right to make small edits to your piece. We follow the Chicago Manual of Style for formatting.
- If your piece gets published in our printed annual, you will receive a contributor’s copy.
- For Fiction/Nonfiction -- please refrain from submitting pieces that are sections of larger works... complete pieces only!